Kordia is one of New Zealand and Australia's leading integrated Telecommunications and Technology service delivery organisations. We specialise in designing, building, operating and maintaining social and business critical communications systems throughout Australasia.
Kordia encompasses of a comprehensive portfolio of business units including Kordia Solutions, Kordia Networks, Content Services, Maritime Communications and Cyber Security.
This position sits within the Kordia Solutions (KSNZ). KSNZ design, build and maintain telecommunication, broadcast and private networks in the New Zealand and Pacific Islands. The role
For this key position as the Head of Sales, we are looking for a successful BDM/Hunter to win new business from customers by leveraging existing proof-points into the Telecommunication, Broadcast and Private Network markets in New Zealand (NZ) and the Pacific Islands.
The role will see you harmonising all Kordia resources to present consistent and commercially attractive proposals to key customers that both support achievement of the customer’s key strategic goals and return profitable business to Kordia. The focus will be on account penetration and revenue generation.
We will be looking for you to:
To join us on our journey:
- Work closely with existing large scale or strategic customers to determine where Kordia can satisfy future customer requirements profitably in order to meet revenue and sales targets.
- Develop an account plan that identifies how Kordia’s capabilities can support the strategic needs of the customer.
- Focus on development of long-term strategic relationships. Maintain a customer communication plan that identifies key customer contacts and their strategic, advisory, approval or coaching roles.
- Identify opportunities to expand Kordia’s presence in the customer and develop proposals.
- Interact with Bid Managers and other Kordia SME’s to develop persuasive solutions that satisfy customer needs and meet Kordia financial and risk hurdles.
- Develop and execute strategies to sell profitable Kordia solutions into new markets leveraging proof-points and technical resources.
- Understand potential-customer business issues and shape Kordia solutions into attractive proposals by working with Kordia SME’s and partner organisations.
- Develop, contest, negotiate and close opportunities in line with Kordia policies and procedures.
We are looking for someone that we remunerate generously and support in their sales successes. Our aim is to both expand our existing markets and push into new ones. We believe the type of person that will best suit this journey will be a business development manager with
- A consistent history of success hunting new business
- A proven track record in building relationships quickly at an Executive level
- At least 10 years successful selling or managing telecommunications projects, programs services and/or products in New Zealand and the Pacific Islands or similar geography.
At Kordia we believe every team member has a role to play in the overall success of the business. Whether it is through our working relationships, technology or skills. Our culture and values encourage and reward those that are collaborative, trustworthy, humble, courageous and expert. If these values appeal to you, we can offer you an environment in which you will thrive.