A little about us
Kordia delivers business-critical technology and network solutions across New Zealand, Australia and the South Pacific. We specialise in the telecommunications, cyber security, broadcast and maritime sectors and have been delivering innovative and reliable solutions to customers for over 60 years. We have a strong presence trans-Tasman with over 700 dedicated staff in the Kordia Group.The role
The Network Architecture and Design team is looking for a new intermediate level IP Engineer to join the team in Auckland.
Reporting to the Head of Network Architecture and Design, the new role involves the design, development and support of Kordia’s network and products.
You'll be involved in really interesting, varied and often complex solutions. We are currently undertaking a complete Network refresh of our core network. Other projects include the design of critical multicast networks for Digital TV and other utility providers. You'll also have the opportunity to be involved in enterprise networks including SDWAN and network security.Who we are targeting
The ideal candidate will be someone who is passionate and willing to learn.
You'll be capable of efficiently producing quality outputs with minimal direction under the guidelines of Kordia’s network architecture and roadmap.
Experience-wise we are looking for candidates with:
- Around 5 years’ experience designing, implementing and supporting IP network and security services and infrastructure
- A good knowledge of IP networking protocols: TCP/IP.
- A good knowledge of network security and firewall design/configuration.
- Experience with providing third level network support and ability to diagnose fault conditions and restore service.
- Experience within a telco, ISP, integrator or vendor.
- Some experience in automation and coding
- A relevant technology or engineering tertiary qualification
- Router and switch configuration experience (Juniper and/or Alcatel-Lucent Service Router).
We feel very strongly about our values and how we treat both our people and our customers and we believe every team member has a role to play in the overall success of the business. Whether it is through our working relationships, technology or skills. Our culture and values encourage and reward those that are collaborative, trustworthy, humble, courageous and expert. If these values appeal to you, we can offer you an environment in which you will thrive.