A little about us
What we do really matters. Kordia have been delivering mission critical, business critical and life critical communications for over 60 years across New Zealand, Australia and the South Pacific. We specialise in the telecommunications, cyber security, broadcast and safety-of-life maritime sectors. We have a strong presence trans-Tasman with around 800 dedicated staff in the Kordia Group. Our people are very proud to work with us and every employee has a meaningful role to play in our success.
Reports to the NOC Manager. The Incident and Problem Manager will be responsible for leading and managing major incidents across the business as they occur, managing lingering customer impacts, proactive management of ongoing problems and managing the major impact remedial work.
Our networks are diverse and cover everything from Broadcast TV and Radio, to core networks, customer networks (WAN, Secure networks, firewalls), wholesale and optical networks, and backup networks. Our customers include critical networks across Safety of Life, Mission critical, telco carriers, retail and government services.
We are looking for someone who:
- Can maintain open communication and good working relationships with various departments that participate in Incident Management and help define ways to increase the Kordia experience
- Can play a leading hands-on role in the development and support of systems and projects
- Is willing to mentor staff in order to assist them in cultivating their skills.
Key responsibilities include
- Leading service restoration processes for critical incidents across multiple business and technology areas.
- Leading problem management activities across multiple business and technology areas.
- Developing, maintaining and documenting the Incident and Problem Management processes and procedures.
- Providing process advice and critical incident reporting to stakeholders across multiple domains to determine the Incident and Problem Management direction for all platforms
- Working with other teams and internal customers, as well as vendors, on an as-needed basis to discuss incident assessment to prevent further disruptions.
- Assisting with the coordination and deployment of resources to ensure successful service restoration and root cause analysis.
- Liaising with Service Level Managers / Platform Owners to ensure all incidents and problems are resolved within SLA timelines.
- Providing input to the Service Desk and technical teams for the analysis of incident data and identification of trends.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of the Incident and Problem Management processes and working with other teams to ensure continuous strategic improvements.
Ideally you will have:
- ITIL foundation qualifications
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a structured ITIL environment
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the IT/Telco industry
- Significant team leadership experience
- Excellent stakeholder management
Along with your CV, please outline in a brief cover letter how your background and transferrable skills align to our role and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close 4th February 2021