Kordia have been delivering mission critical, business critical and life critical communications for over 60 years across New Zealand, Australia and the South Pacific. We specialise in the telecommunications, cyber security, broadcast and maritime sectors. We have a strong presence trans-Tasman with over 800 dedicated staff in the Kordia Group. Kordia has more than 200 communications sites and supporting infrastructure covering the full length and breadth of NZ. Kordia Solutions
A rare opportunity has arisen to replace our current General Manager who will be retiring mid 2020. The role will see you run our Solutions business, which is one of the five business units within the Kordia Group.
The Solutions business designs, builds and maintains telecommunication, broadcast and private networks not just in NZ, but also in some of the world’s most difficult terrain, including Papua New Guinea and the Pacific Islands.
You'll be managing a team of around 80 in-house specialists who keep these networks running around the clock and consult on everything from spectrum planning to natural disaster redundancy. The Opportunity
The GM will report directly into the Group CEO and be responsible for the overall performance of the Solutions NZ business including:
Is this you?
- Delivery of service excellence across our internal and external customer base
- Overall operational performance and service delivery
- People leadership, employee engagement, development and retention
- Development and ownership of a flexible, right sized direct and sub-contractor base to manage customer and work demand.
- Customer engagement and business development
- Development of strategic plans for medium to long term growth
- Projects and services contract financial performance, including margins and cash flows.
- Overhead management, including facilities, support roles, un-recovered fleet and labour costs to achieve budget and savings targets.
- Submission of business forecasts and budgets to the Group CEO and CFO.
- Deep involvement in tender and bid activity to set productivity and methodology assumptions.
- Leading by example in fostering a proactive, supportive and inclusive health and safety culture and promoting Kordia’s Zero Harm approach
We are looking for a leader with proven track record in leading a multi-functional, national field operations group along with:
- A leadership background operating within in a contracting environment
- An inspirational leadership style with an ability to implement transformational change with clarity of vision, purpose and performance
- Knowledge of best practice field operations and workforce planning methodologies and systems applicable to utilities/multi-site/distributed network deployment and services/maintenance
- Excellent communication, sales, negotiation, commercial and organisation skills
- Commercial astuteness and strong financial management experience developed in a services or infrastructure contracting environment
At Kordia, we believe every team member has a role to play in the overall success of the business. Whether it is through our working relationships, technology or skills. Our culture and values encourage and reward those that are collaborative, trustworthy, humble, courageous and experts. If these values appeal to you, we can offer you an environment in which you will thrive.To apply Along with your CV, please outline to us why this role interests you and how your background, transferable skills and track record would make you the ideal candidate to take up this opportunity.